Our mission, “to preserve and protect scenic, historic and recreational lands with high natural resource values in the greater Truckee Donner region,” is only part of the story. Our goal is for this open space to be enjoyed by the public. Land Trust properties offer an amazing variety of opportunity for recreation: hiking, biking, swimming, boating, birding, fishing, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, horseback riding and simply enjoying the beauty of nature. We ask only that you respect the land, the wildlife and other people—whatever their recreational preferences.
We encourage the "Spirit of Howdy" -- and always to travel slowly enough to be able to greet others on the trails. Shout out a friendly greeting of “howdy” to let folks know you’re approaching them.
General Rules & Regs
- No motorized vehicles allowed (except for authorized service vehicles)
- Certain properties designated as preserves require dogs to be on a leash
- Control pets at all times
- Pick up after your pet and pack out waste
- Show respect for nearby residences by staying on trails and parking in designated lots
- Leave no trace
- Know your own capabilities and prepare for rapidly changing weather conditions
- All our properties are open for day use only. Overnight camping is prohibited
- Land Trust statement on drone use Click Here
Get to Know a Land Trust Property with a Hike Ambassador
The Truckee Donner Land Trust Hike Ambassador Program is a program provided to visitors and the community free of charge. Hike Ambassadors are current or past board members who are available to accompany a group of eight or more hikers who would like to better explore properties acquired by the Land Trust. Knowledgeable Ambassadors can provide information, history, and stories about the property as well as tell about how the Land Trust acquired the property. Many Hike Ambassadors can share information about the flora and fauna of the area too. Interested groups may contact KV at the Land Trust to be put in contact with a Hike Ambassador chairman: email@example.com, 530-582-4711.
PLAN YOUR VISIT TO THESE PROPERTIES
Please click on an area or a specific property below to see additional information regarding the property, how to get there, trail maps, and various recreation opportunities. Webpages where the link is not operational are under development and will be available soon.
- Webber Lake/Lacey Meadows
- Lake of the Woods
- Cold Stream Meadow
- Perazzo Meadows
- Independence Lake Preserve
Download a Map of Lands We've Protected